Tuesday, December 18

Christmas Cards

One of the highlights for me at Christmas time is opening up a card from a friend or a relative. For some time, I have noticed a significant decrease in the number of Christmas cards in the mail. Other people have noticed the same thing too. People have told me that they send Internet E-cards instead or nothing at all.

Have we become lazy? I can think of so many things in my life to skimp and conserve on but not greeting cards. Every card that I receive is appreciated and displayed in my house for weeks after Christmas. Grandparents love sending and receiving cards too. If you don't want to send a card, pick up the phone and wish someone a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.

So what's next to go...."Happy Birthday" cards?

Factory Card Outlet sells cards for as little as .50 cents. It's not too late, you can still get one out in the mail.

I am old fashioned and always will be. This is one tradition that I am not ready to let go.

No comments: