Life is inside of me while death lingers around the corner.
My boss came back again to check up on me. He told me that Sharon's cancer has taken yet another turn. I left her another phone message but she's too sick from the chemo and radiation to come to the phone. It's been over two months since she left work. The last time I saw her, Sharon was getting ready to travel downstate to see her grandson's baseball game. She drove herself to the hospital the next day complaining of some stomach pain. A couple of weeks later, she was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and not expected to live beyond a month or two. Meanwhile, I am running the department and working a lot of hours to cope with the busy cash coming in. I think about Sharon everyday but I have to go on and run the department.
It's hard for me to separate my emotions from people or things that I don't have control over. Life goes on and my family awaits for me to settle down in my job. The time is 1:53 a.m and I need to try to sleep again. Goodnight.
Friday, August 8
Seperating My Emotions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment