Will, Thank you for sharing your songs and memories with your fellow bloggers. You deserve all the credit for inspiring me and making this fun to write.
The following is my version of, Music Is Funny.
Earliest memory of music-Roberta Flack: Killing Me Softly, while riding in the back seat of my Aunt's green Pinto. Quit laughing, I'm not that old but the Pinto was.
Bee Gees: Staying Alive-My first record player (Circa-1977 or 78).
Gary Wright: Dream Weaver-Favorite 70's song. My first 45 record too.
John Denver: Aspen Glow and Annie's Song-My favorites and the first box set that I purchased. I was with my Dad when we heard about his sudden death in a plane crash.
Tony Bennett: Stranger in Paradise
After the Fire: Der Kommissar (1983)
Thomas Dolby: She Blinded Me With Science. Mr Stacy(7th Grade Biology) use to play it every morning before we started class.
Prince: Purple Rain-I was in Minneapolis when I first heard it.
The Cure: All their music!
Depeche Mode: Loved all of it!
U2- I went to the Joshua Tree concert with Marc in our Junior year.
Def Leppard: Love Bites and Hysteria-Drinking with Karen in her Mother's minivan.
Midnight Oil: Beds are Burning-Me and Karen are still up to no good!
Ottmar Liebert: Surrender 2 Love...First aired on WNUA 95.5 Musical Star Streams...I still have the cassette tape from 1992?
Radiohead: Karma Police-Dave
Sound Garden: Sad day when they split up
Creed: With Arms Wide Open-With Eric at Alpine Valley, WI
Cider House Rules: Soundtrack to the movie..Now used in all the Michigan commericals-Thank you Craig for the memories.
Van Morrison: Have I Told You Lately That I Love You..2006 concert in Chicago with Andrew.
Alan Jackson: Remember When..Having breakfast with Andrew in Jackson Hole, WY (Best trip ever)
John Denver: Perhaps Love..My wedding song.
Too many to list. Same for you too?
My taste in music has matured over the years but I still remember those old songs. Nothing is ever forgotten but just tucked away inside my head ready for me to reminisce. Have a great evening everybody!
Dawn:-)
Friday, September 21
Follow Up To (IUWILL Blog) "Music Is Funny"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The one about your 7th grade biology class reminds me of my 8th grade science teacher. He would give us a little Beatles history and play a song before every class. I can still see the huge speakers sitting up on the shelves.
Post a Comment