Friday, November 2

Re: Old Post - Chief Justice & Skin Cancer

Just received this comment this morning on an old posting about skin cancer. Maybe I should change my mind about coffee. One minute they tell you it's unhealthy to drink coffee and next they tell you it prevents cancer. I think the key is, MODERATION.

Hi Dawn,

I would like to add some more info on prevention...Drinking coffee and practicing regular exercise can also prevent skin cancer in the individuals who have sun damaged skin. Coffee and exercise encourage the production of tumor blocking protein in the body which helps to prevent the condition.

Exercise helps to lower the risk associated with melanoma-based skin cancers and some other forms of cancers like colon, breast, prostate, and liver cancers.
November 2, 2007 7:58 AM

Now that I am approaching 40, I don't go tanning anymore like I used to. I try to wear a hat and sunglasses all year round. If I'm on a mountain, 20,000 feet up in the cold air, I wear sunscreen and glasses too. Our skin is the largest organ we have. Why speed up the aging process for a suntan? We have genectics to thank for that.

As far as coffee goes, I never really acquired the taste for it. I suffer from fatigue every morning without any caffeine boost. Once in a while, I will have a Tazo Chai Latte or hot chocolate. I crave more the sugar than caffeine in those high-calorie drinks. I'm still waiting for a low-calorie wine but that will never happen.

I get all the exercising I can get from chasing a two-year old! Terrible twos..Grrrrr!!!!!!

No comments: