Saturday, November 3

Thanksgiving Every Day

A couple of days ago my husband suggested that I write about having Thanksgiving everyday. I didn't understand what he meant. Did he want me to make him a turkey dinner everyday? He can be vague sometimes. I like people to be direct with me. This time I knew what he meant. He wants me to be thankful everyday for what I have. I have been too busy trying to help a friend of mine. I'm afraid if her situation doesn't improve, she will move away. A lot of my friends have moved away for different reasons. It's been hard.

The most important thing that I am thankful for is my health. Without it, I couldn't be with my family. My husband and daughter are my whole life. Everyday is a new experience. They give me reason to look forward to the future. My love carries over to our families and friends. Without my parents, I wouldn't have the upbringing and emotional support all these years. You can choose your friends, but not your family. Friends are like family in many ways. They can disappoint you and they can lift you up. Finally, my job allows me to meet people and bring home an income. So many people are still out of work in my area including a couple of my friends. This is why some of them have moved away.

Thanksgiving Day will soon be here
It comes around but once a year
If I could only have my way,
We'd have Thanksgiving every day.

Thanksgiving Poems
Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Will said...

Beautiful!! Your husband is right, we should give thanks everyday.